Monday, August 13, 2018

Sayaka's Sword (Machete) L4D2: Released


I was slacking, hadn't done a weapon in a while so I went ahead and made Sayaka's sword for fun. It was a lot more challenging than I thought.
High poly
I tried handpainting stylized textures for the first time. I'm not very good at painting/coloring, so this was good practice for me. I also had to clone tool a lot of the mirror seams because I didn't paint past the UV islands enough, and they're not quite perfect if you look close enough.  On this weapon, I applied the same lightwarp that was on Madoka's hair since L4D2's default lighting didn't look quite right on these textures. The sword also comes with specular and normal maps. The blue strip in the middle of the blade also glows in the dark.

Ideally, I'd like to go all the way with this weapon mod and make custom anims + custom blood textures, but we'll see if I'm anywhere near successful with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment